Honeybush Tea with Sceletium
Honeybush Tea with Sceletium is a novel blend that combines the advantages of two unique Cape Floral Kingdom plant species - Honeybush and Sceletium tortuosum - in a pleasant tasting tea that produces an enhanced mood while relieving hunger cravings, with the added benefit of no caffeine and minimal tannins.
Researchers have found that Honeybush contains antioxidants (polyphenols and mangefirin) which neutralise harmful free radicals. In addition the Agricultural Research Council has found that it may have application in the alleviation of menopausal symptoms.
The benefits of Honeybush
- Contains antioxidants and phytochemicals (mangefirin and hesperidin)
- Low in tannin and caffeine free
- Believed to aid in balancing blood sugar levels and fighting diabetes
- Naturally lowers fat levels
- Naturally fights cholesterol
- Significant anti-viral properties and helps to build up the body's auto-immune system
- Found to counter headaches, irritability, tension, insomnia and depression
- Contains phytoestrogens which aid in regulating the menstrual cycle, alleviating symptoms of menopause and preventing cardiovascular disease
- Believed to aid in the prevention of osteoporosis
- Effective anti-spasmodic - stomach ailments such as stomach ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation have been found to respond positively to Honeybush
- Fights kidney poisoning
Sceletium, also known in South Africa as Kanna or Kougoed, has been used by the San people for centuries to reduce hunger cravings, thirst and fatigue. It has calming and mood elevating effects. Traditionally it was chewed, but was also brewed as a tea, or smoked.
Sceletium is used to aid in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, alcohol and drug dependency and to curb the compulsions experienced by those suffering from bulimia nervosa.
The benefits of Sceletium
- Relieves stress, anxiety and tension
- Relieves hunger cravings
- Aids to alleviate depression
- Reduces fatigue and enhances concentration and focus
- Believed to act as a natural selective seretonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)
- Alleviates premenstrual tension
- Believed to regulate the central nervous system
- Aids in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, alcohol and drug dependency, as well as curbing the compulsions experienced by bulimia nervosa sufferers